Friday 3 February 2012

Magazine Article

A simple girl from London auditioned for the Etoiles Classiques. She had a couple of downfalls during the competition, but she never gave up. She got back on her two feet and carried on towards success. Her whole passion revolves around singing and performances, and her only dream is to become a successful singer and to win the competition. On the 10th of December 2009, her dream came true. Gigi Nacario is currently the number 1 most famous classic artist and singer in the UK, already sold 5 albums within 2 years and 3 Grammy Awards. Now, I finally got a chance to meet her at Strongroom Studios and setup an interview about what is going on with her life.
1) So Gigi, It’s finally nice to meet you! Before we start, I would just like to say, thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to have an interview with you. So my first question is. What is going on lately and how are you?
{Smile} No problem! Thank you too! Well a lot of things have been going on lately, my dream finally came true, and I am thankful for it. I’ve been busy creating a new album which will be released in a month! I’ve also been going on tours; I had 3 already which were awesome. I’ve also been in 4 TV shows which were kind of exciting. It has been incredible nonetheless, although very tiring, but worth it. Other than that, things are great, I still get to hang out with my girlfriends, spend time with my family. Oh! And um I will be participating in the Classical Music Festival this year so check that out!
2) that’s great! So you still get to do what you want. You mentioned that you’re working on a new album. Can you give us a little insight?
Yep I am, and I am very excited about this album. Personal favourite if I may say. It’s a bit different from my other albums as most of the tracks relates to my life and the things that people had been through in their lives. The album is called Glow and Fly, it is about. Being who you are makes you the perfect person and a role model for everyone out there. That, there is no point of changing yourself just to impress or become more popular, being your true-self is worth more than being somewhat fake.  Don’t be afraid or fear other people because you’re different but, that is what makes you so unique and special. {Smile} That’s about it really.
3) Wow that’s amazing! So it’s an inspirational song! Again you also mentioned that some tracks are about your life?
{Laugh} Of course! I can’t give away the whole thing though! But yes it is actually. This album is kind of sad, tragic, happy and joyful, so it’s a mix of emotions. Mostly the tracks refer to what had happened in my life, what I’ve gone through and so on, but it’s not only that, I’m pretty sure that it had happen to other people to, and I wanted to create this album to send out a message to everyone that, you shouldn’t give up even if your knocked down.



4) When did you start playing the Guitar and/or the Violin?
I started playing the Guitar at the age of 10, I was inspired by the amount of guitarist especially Jerry Garcia, although he played Folk, rock and so. It wasn’t really my up of tea, till I came across a Classical guitarist called Aaron Shearer, his music was just amazing, and I’m a big fan and still am. On the other hand I started playing the violin at a young age, probably when I was about 5 or 6 years old. My mother made me go practices, which I really enjoyed at that time, but I wanted to expand and explore which led me to playing the Guitar, I mostly play the Violin though as its more relaxing and beautiful at the same time. The amount of emotion being conjured makes me want to cry.
5) Was it always your dream to become a singer and a musician?
Well when I was young, I actually wanted to be the typical girl who always wanted to be glamorous and a star! Which was an actress, and when I was around 5, that was when I started playing the Violin, I wasn’t exactly interested in being a musician, I wasn’t actually sure as I was only 5 ha-ha, So I wanted to become a Fashion Designer! But as the time past, when I was 7 or 8, my life revolved around music and that when I knew music was my life.
6) Was your family always musical and still is?
My mother at a young age too, played the Violin and so did her mother and grandmother. So I guess she’s naturally born with music in her blood, however although my father plays the guitar too His family wasn’t as musical as my moms, and yes they’re still musical, especially my mom, she actually teaches Violin at a local school voluntarily, but my dad is a bit retired from it ha-ha.
7) What is it like to perform in-front of people?
At first it’s really nerve-wrecking, and I would sweat like a pig! I would get nervous all the time and I would get this funny feeling in my stomach, but I usually try to look away from the audience, and stare at one point where I look like I’m staring into space, making me look weird ha-ha. You get used to it though, you may make 1 or 2 mistakes, but that’s fine, most of the time it isn’t noticeable, but besides the scary atmosphere, it’s great and fun to perform in-front of people, the end of it is just a relief because you know you’re done and succeeded, and you just get that happy feeling.
8) I know other people already had interview about this question but, can you tell me what it was like to win the competition?
The most amazing feeling ever. I mean, everything was so nerve-wrecking and intense. I would never think of being in the finals! But there I was, knees shaking and sweating {Laugh}. When they called out the winner ‘GIGI’ I thought, I was going to faint! I was in SHOCK! I didn’t know what to do, so it was a really emotional moment for me. The whole experienced was just completely phenomenal. The best thing is I actually keep in touch with Alan and Gina, we’ve become real close after the competition. We hang out, go shopping, and I’m actually really glad that I met them, they are such amazing friends.
9) Do you have any one special in your life? I mean someone as beautiful as you should have a guy!
{Laugh} Aww thank you! I’m flattered, yes actually, a year before the competition I met this guy on an Ice Rink in winter wonderland in Hyde-Park. I and my girlfriends want to celebrate Christmas, and why not go out, skate and have a Christmas dinner later. So, it was my first time ice-skating so I fell on my ass a couple of times {Giggle}, and my 100th slip, a guy caught me in his arms, his name was Alex, I met him later in a restaurant and he asked me out {blushes}, which was very sweet! So I did, and I am having the best 2 years of my life with him.

10) Alright! So, this is the end of our interview, and I’m so glad you came, it was so nice meeting you, and do you have any final comments or inspirational advice to your fans?
Yep, if you’re a fan of me! I will be helping with the C.I.N Charity this year, I will be a singing to raise money for this charity along with Sarah Chang, Guy Johnston and some other people, so if you’re a fan of me please support me by either attending the concert or donating money to the C.I.N website! My advice with my fans is to, always be who are no matter what the consequences are, and you can achieve greatly!



No comments:

Post a Comment